Sunday, December 04, 2011

Journey Into The Unknown

Next week in the adult Sunday School class I've been teaching we will look at Genesis 12 in which God said to Abram (later called Abraham) "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you."

We don't see all the dialogue that went on between God and Abram, and we don't see what went on in Abram's mind. We just see that at 75 years old he obeyed God and left for that unknown land.

I find myself in a situation similar to that which Abram faced. I am being led away from one place where I've been for over 8 years, and I don't yet know where this journey will take me. I only know that the Lord will not just tell me where to go; He will be with me on this journey into the unknown.

This space will once more provide a way for me to chronicle what I experience en route. Perhaps it will inspire some others to take a step of faith in their own life journeys.

In the next post--what prompted this new adventure.

No comments: